PSU Intstalled Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Well today I went to install my new PSU an Aspire 520 Watt, and when I did I noticed that everything was upside down..... The only way the screw holes matched up with my Raidmax Scorpio case was if I turned the think upside down, which makes sense to me because there is a third fan on that side and I wouldn't think it would go on the top side facing the top part of the case. Anyway when I put it that way all the writting is upside down. So instead of saying Fan Speed like this right side up, its upside down. DId I put this thing in wrong? Here is the link http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-148-008&depa=0 Looking at the pictures it looks like the fan should be facing the top. But what good would that do.... and even if I did turn it right side up, I would have to remove the top grill, and the holes to put it in wouldnt match up with the case.... I need some help lol

Not uncommon.
The first wave of cases that I was importing at the same issue where the PSU would need to mounted up-side-down.

Few years ago, we did not think much of it, but as time moved on, and with the introduction of more and more silent PSU that need to be mounted a certain way.

To my understanding on these type of SPU, the fan need to be pointing toward the system (Motherboard and CPU) in order for it to run at it 100% effectiveness. It's there to help move the hot air out of the case.

SuperSonicB!tch (Spec on sig) has a simulare PSU, but fan is sticking the wrong direction. Because of that, the fan does cause a lot more noise then it should.

I keep telling myself that one of these days, i am going to mod PSU Mounting plate into order to fix this problem. That day has not come around yet.

The "top" fan should be sticking down.

So it should be fine upside down? The top fan is pointing toward the system parts, and non of the other fans are covered up

They only have that fan showing in the pictures for that reason.....FOR SHOW....it would be absolutely pointless to have it against the top of the case..no air flow would go through...its meant to go upside down dude with the fan pointing towards your CPU.

Yes, but why the heck would they design a power supply to fit upside down, and then print all of the writting upside down...

It's a mistake, Aspire isn't well known for high quality control. Leave the fan pointing down and use pliers to bend the metal part of the case so it will fit. The case makers didn't think about triple fans because that's a fairly new concept. About a year ago there weren't too many power supplies with triple fans.

man don't get bent up just because some text is upside down...god forbid that happens. The point is you use common sense and figure you want the bottom (exhaust) fan of the psu to be facing an open air area in your case. As long as you can get it to fit and it powers your computer and is sucking air out...then thats the whole point right there. Where do you think modding came from? From people 'jerry rigging' their computers to fit their needs....I doubt upside down text would at all be a hinge in their efforts.

Leave the fan pointing down and use pliers to bend the metal part of the case so it will fit.

Yup...exactly what I had to do so the little metal clip didn't hit the fan grill.

The case makers didn't think about triple fans because that's a fairly new concept

There's your MAIN answer right there. Having these extra fans is pretty new....although the one I have has two fans...not the triple....but yeah I have seen the PSU's with 3 fans in them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom