Windows xp pro login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pooka said:
It is a SATA 160 western digital. What should I change the config to.

Last known config, safe mode, nothing works

this is what I would do, boot to your xp, load your sata drivers at the start, (bottom of screen), choose install, then repair

When I boot with CD I hit enter to start setup and it says that it does not find hard drives and I must exit

Pooka said:
When I boot with CD I hit enter to start setup and it says that it does not find hard drives and I must exit

don't you see at the bottom of screen to load your harddrive drivers, I forget which key it is, since I use ide

Yep your right. I guess I have two days of searching for the drives. Too much crap. what would be the download I need from Western Digital if i dont have cd? The file is small enough for a disk, right? Poo, more searchin.

Pooka said:
Yep your right. I guess I have two days of searching for the drives. Too much crap. what would be the download I need from Western Digital if i dont have cd? The file is small enough for a disk, right? Poo, more searchin.

yep, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have several disks but booting from cd brings me to press f6 for third party driver. Im hitting f6 but nothing. next option is f2 for auto recovery, and if i hit f2 it works but I have no such disk.

Is there another key to press other than f6?

Pooka said:
I have several disks but booting from cd brings me to press f6 for third party driver. Im hitting f6 but nothing. next option is f2 for auto recovery, and if i hit f2 it works but I have no such disk.

somebody jump in here, I'm not that great at sata

Pooka said:

go to the hardware forum and read settihg up an sata hardrive

I got past the driver installatioin and I am hung up at the key for xp pro. It is telling me to type in 25 character key and the key on my disk is not near that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom