Traded stuff for a computer, what do i have?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrokedFox

Solid State Member
Ok so I'm not extremely good with computers but I'm not completely dumb in the subject. I have a computer that looks like it's been built, it lights up with alien stuff all over the fans and even a blinking flying saucer. Either way from what i could see this is what i have but don't know if it's god or not??
It's got an ATAI33 System board; the only numbers on it are GIGABYTE GA-K8NSC-939 (?) a pretty beefy looking processor with 3 little metal cooler tubes coming out of it on each side and says "ThermalTake" (?) Also it's got some card installed on it that has one mouse looking port labeled "AV IN" and two cable-like hook-ups on it labeled "ANT/FM" and "CATV". i didn't know what this card was meant for? Written all over it is "Dual Bios" "24-bit Sound Blaster Advanced HD" "Zalman Cooling System".
I also remember reading Athlon Radeon 2400+

Can anyone tell me what all that stuff is and if it's good or not????

OK your computer might be custom built or it might be an alienware, the ATA 133 is the IDE cable (a ribbon type cable which plugs into the HDDs and optical drives), the gigabyte is your motherboard and 939 is the CPU socket (939 isn't exacly new).
The "beefy" thing you can see is the heatsink not the CPU itself, thermaltake are manufacturers of heatsinks whereas AMD is the manufacturer of your CPU. Dual bios is a feature on gigabyte motherboards, sound blaster is a range of creative sound cards. Zalman is another manufacturer of heatsinks, you probably have a zalman heatsink on your graphics card. It's an ATI Radeon although ATI is now owned by AMD who also make the Athlon range of CPUs.

I hope you didn't trade too much, this computer is a few years old now.

**** i wish i had you as a neighbor to bug hahaha. Thanks a lot for clearing it up for me. Ijust traded an old guitar for it so no loss.

Computers worth about £80 or $110 so you probably got a good deal. That pc will be fine for general use but rubbish if you want to play games, media editting or CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom