computer randomly shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
This only started happening yesterday. I was on Facebook looking for an app called Ilike. Once I started using the App. The computer randomly closed. So I started it again but it shut down right after.

I turned the power bar my computer was connected to off and just went to sleep.

This morning I tried again. it was working fine but then it shut down once I went on the Internet. I then tried booting in safe mode to check if it was a virus. I only got rid of some malware via Spybot S&D (AVG detected no Viruses) but the problem happened right after I deleted the malware.

So I'm GUESSING it's a psu problem, but I'm not sure. Can i get any help with this problem? I am using a Corsair 650tw and so far I only saw one problem and that was that the computer some times on hot days closed because of a power failure ( I can't remember everything it said, but All I know is that the power wasn't being distributed).

Also, it doesn't give me an error message or anything. it just closes. There is no shutting down sequence either.

the Temps are just a bit higher than normal, So I'll check the heatsink.

What else should I do

Speedfan sucks for the most part, coretemp or HWMonitor @ CPUID.com is MUCH better at finding temps than speedfan.

Can you elaborate on why speedfan sucks? Why are the others better? MUCH better at finding temps? Speedfan isn't hard to find temps, they stare you right in the face.

Not trying to be a sarcastic here, I figure if you have some knowledge that speedfan sucks and the others are better for something simple like he's trying to do you could share it. For the learning experience of everyone.

Making person opinion posts and leaving it at that doesn't help anyone.

Thanks in advance.

Several members here, including I, have found that speedfan usualy doesn't report fan speeds or CPU/GPU/HDD temps correctly, actualy, I have never seen it work correctly on a system that I have worked on, but I have found that HWMonitor and coretemp report rather acurate temps/speeds/voltages. Sometimes off by a few degrees, maybe 2F or 3F from the BIOS.

Several members here, including I, have found that speedfan usualy doesn't report fan speeds or CPU/GPU/HDD temps correctly, actualy, I have never seen it work correctly on a system that I have worked on, but I have found that HWMonitor and coretemp report rather acurate temps/speeds/voltages. Sometimes off by a few degrees, maybe 2F or 3F from the BIOS.

Excellent thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom