e8400.. mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiki

Baseband Member
okay so i was wondering what mobo i would get for E8400 it has to be gigabyte or asus ** oh yeah i cant afford the AWESOMELY AWESOME mobo's just decent one that will handle 3.5 ghz+ overclocking on air, it will have a cpu cooler and antec 900 two case

im still deciding what cpu to get i was thinking of E8500 or Q6600 instead :D and if you reccommend either of those could you tell me what mobo i shuold get as well

You'll want a P45 chipset. Not sure how much you wanna spend on a motherboard.

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Any reason why you want to stick with Gigabyte or Asus? Biostar makes a good overclocking board too:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

If you can afford it, go with the E8500. It has a 9.5 multiplier and will reach higher overclock compared to the E8400. It's best to stick with a dual core if you're into gaming, but a quad could be more future proof. But the Q6600 don't overclock as well as they used to. If you were to get a quad, I'd say get a Q9400/Q9450 or Q9550.

lol if i went with q9550 i might as well go with core i7 lol but NOO im no allowed to get it =.=""

which one would you pick out of those two if i was overclocking to 4 ghz :D
and is there a reason why the gigabyte one is most expensive..?

thanks !! :D

I'd pick the Gigabyte UD3P, it's a little more expensive. Looks like it has better chipset cooling and supports a higher ram speed of 1333.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom