black screen on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
evey time i turn my computer off and go to sleep i then wake up and turn my computer on

and then it just goes to a black screen and like crashed so then i reboot it and it boots up fine

im not sure what is causeing this but does anyone know how i can fix it?

specs are in my siggy :]

Double check when you are booting down the system. Could be that it isn't totally shutting down or not shutting down properly (see if you get a message at shutdown about not being able to close an application, usually happens in XP). Then double check that application and see if you can maybe stop it's services before shutdown - then see if that fixes the issue.

Really sounds like the system isn't shutting down all the way or isn't shutting down properly, which is causing the error you are seeing (or not seeing :))

it just does it when i turn the computer on lol

this is a brand new computer so i though

*EDIT*
when i took it into the shop yesterday he said it might be something to do with the BIOS that is set wrong for the onboard graphics card but im not sure

evey time i turn my computer off and go to sleep i then wake up and turn my computer on

Nothing wrong with saving energy / reducing energy costs

and then it just goes to a black screen and like crashed so then i reboot it and it boots up fine

You need to explain this step a lot clearer.

So you wake up and turn the PC on. Does it post? Does windows load? Can you get to desktop? Or do you power on the PC and nothing displays on the monitor?

im not sure what is causeing this but does anyone know how i can fix it?

In order to help you we need specific outlined events. We need detail and accurate descriptions.
I'm more than willing to help anyone with PC issues, but I'm not willing to ask "YOU" 400 questions before I have a clue what you are actually talking about.

no it just goes to a black screen once i boot it up no post screen nothing

and then i try pressing the restart button on the case but it doesnt work so i have to turn it off by the mains or the power switch on the case

but when i do manage to restart it, it boots up just fine

no it just goes to a black screen once i boot it up no post screen nothing

and then i try pressing the restart button on the case but it doesnt work so i have to turn it off by the mains or the power switch on the case

but when i do manage to restart it, it boots up just fine

1.) Are you certain that you have the front panel "POWER SWITCH" connected properly to the motherboard based on the MOBO manual?

2.) Are you certain that you have the front panel "RESET SWITCH" connected properly to the motherboard based on the MOBO manual?

What type of Monitor are you using? Does it have any type of power light on it that will display say, "Green or Blue for active" & "Orange or Yellow or Red" for inactive?

yes i am certain they are connected

and yea

it goes green when its on and yellow when the computer isnt turnt on

im useing a tiny 17" crt at the moment i have a 17" flat screen i just dont have the cable for it at the moment

Ok. Now we are getting some where.

When you power on the PC and you see nothing on the screen but black, is the light on the monitor GREEN or YELLOW??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom