High-End Gaming Computer Rig - NO BUDGET

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO

It's absolutely stupid regardless of how much money someone has or how flexible their "budget" is to spend "$3000 to $5000+" on any PC to call it High End.

From Scratch you can spend $1200 to $1500 (with 24" LCD & Input Devices) and have a system that will play ANY game at the highest resolutions. If you were bent on Spending $3000 then why not build two identical machines and have a sweet Dual lan gaming station?

PEOPLE YOU DON'T NEED TO CONFIGURE THE BEST OF THE BEST JUST TO SPEND $3000 - $5000 on BS machines that will not be best of the best in 3 MONTHS...

Tip: Spend less, go for "BANG FOR BUCK" and save your pennies for UPGRADING over time.

/semi-rant

We are recommending a 30" because it is the next level of gaming. Most of us here wish we could have a 30" and in order to drive that 30", he will need lots of graphics power. We're not telling him to get ridiculous things like phase change or anything crazy. We're just trying to give him an awesome gaming experience that only one of us here has been able to afford so far.

IMHO

It's absolutely stupid regardless of how much money someone has or how flexible their "budget" is to spend "$3000 to $5000+" on any PC to call it High End.

From Scratch you can spend $1200 to $1500 (with 24" LCD & Input Devices) and have a system that will play ANY game at the highest resolutions. If you were bent on Spending $3000 then why not build two identical machines and have a sweet Dual lan gaming station?

PEOPLE YOU DON'T NEED TO CONFIGURE THE BEST OF THE BEST JUST TO SPEND $3000 - $5000 on BS machines that will not be best of the best in 3 MONTHS...

Tip: Spend less, go for "BANG FOR BUCK" and save your pennies for UPGRADING over time.

/semi-rant

Sorry, guy, but my computer WILL still be best of the best in 3 months. There is nothing coming out in the near future that will force my TRI-SLI to its knees. Nor is there a new cpu coming out anytime soon that will be better than an i7 running at 4.2ghz. Once you buy a 30" monitor and see what 4 MILLLION pixels look like, and realize just how hard it is to push that many pixels, you will see the difference between a 24" monitor and a 30" "high end rig". Some people have a good job, no kids and no bills, if they (i) want to spend money on a super computer, who are you to call them stupid for it?

dude i would buy a 30" monitor and another 216 (well, then i'd need a new mobo since i have a p5q deluxe...may as well make it an x58 and go to i7 lol...need new ram and a psu as well...may as well buy a new case while im at it) in a heartbeat if i thought i could get away with it. its not a question of money (also childless and financially fortunate)...its a question of if i want to live, or do i want to die a horrible death when my wifey finds out i just dropped another 2500 bones on a new computer. lol...i like living. i'll get a 30" before too long i think. my b-day is in june. of course, i am being offered a smokin deal on a q9650 that i may not be able to pass up.

How does this look for high end cooling?

p6t6wsfullyworkuu5.jpg

Sexy

veedubfreak raging all over ppl lol

Person. I get annoyed when people call others "stupid" for a purchase. No one pitches a fit at the guy driving a porsche around when he could have bought a VW or Audi instead. If i, or whoever else, chooses to buy THE BEST and can afford it, who is to say that its a "stupid" purchase.

Just a note to everyone: This is a DREAM build. I will most likely never build this. I just update this rig for something to do in my free time. It would be great to eventually build it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom