Acceptable Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puressence

In Runtime
Hey Guys,
I am reading over the rules for the various forum topics. I used the search function to try to find more information about the language filter, but didn't come up with much. Is there a list or some sort of guide as far as what is and is not acceptable? Now I know that useage of many of the four letter words is not allowed, nor would I think to use them here. But I would like to know now, so I am not finding out after the fact.
Thanks,
-Pure

Use common sense. From time to time you may use something that gets filtered but then you will see it (you can also edit it) and know not to use that again.

A good rule of thumb is to keep in mind that it is to be "rated G". This includes four letter words and many lewd and/or vulgar expressions. If in doubt, preview your post and see if the word(s) in question are censored.

Worthy of note is the fact that the filter may not censor compound words. While I have tweaked the filter to avoid a lot of this, it can still happen. If the word or expression is based off of, or includes, a censored word, be sure to take it upon yourself to either edit it or use a different word. The English language has a great abundance of words available so there is no excuse for choosing to use words that are not accepted within the forums.

Just be smart and context matters, and don't type round the filter @SS an @55 are ways of doing this.

Also just bare in mind that flaming is covered by this.

There is no list available. The rule states

Avoid vulgar, racist, and sexist comments, as well as swearing.

So if it is vulgar, or a swear word in US English it most likely will be caught. But the swear filter does not catch compounded words. So things like bad*** are not caught.

Your posts have been no where near the edge to be close to being caught by the filter. You dont have to worry about it. If you by chance do get caught one day a little more emotional. We also issues warnings first before a infraction of the same kind. So you would be warned of your language first before points was issues.

So previewing my post will show unacceptable words? If so, that's good to know. Like I said, I understand the common sense issue. I just want to get the knowledge of the rules now, so there arent issues with it later. Plus, if I had the questions about this issue, I would imagine others do to. Or perhaps they learn by getting dinged.
-Pure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom