Having Problems With Current SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

arabozuk

Beta member
Before i get into this let me post here what im working with currently. I am also a noob with computers.

EN9800gtx+ Videocard
Canada Computers - Video Cards > PCI-Express Cards > Powered By nVidia : Asus EN9800GTX+ DK /HTDI/512M nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ Chipset (775Mhz) 512MB (2.36Ghz) DDR3 Dual Dual-Link Display PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card.

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600
Canada Computers - CPU > Desktop Intel Processors : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core Socket LGA775, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache, 65nm (Retail Box) (BX80562Q6600).

Mushkin HP2 6400 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800 5-4-4-12 (1.8V) 240pins
Canada Computers - Memory > Desktop Memory > DDR2 800 PC2-6400+ : Mushkin HP2 6400 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800 5-4-4-12 (1.8V) 240pins (996587).

Asus P5K Socket 775 Intel P35 ICH9 Chipset Dual-Channel DDR2 1066/800/667Mhz SATA 3.0Gb/s 12x USB 2.0
Canada Computers - Motherboards > Socket LGA775/T : Asus P5K Socket 775 Intel P35 ICH9 Chipset Dual-Channel DDR2 1066/800/667Mhz SATA 3.0Gb/s 12x USB 2.0.

Now i am running vista sp1 32bit

Would it increase my graphics if i were to go to 64bit?

My question for you guys is why is it when i run any games i have trouble maxing out my graphics setting. This video card is capable of running Fallout 3, Mass Effect and game you can think of on the max setting.

Apparently i may not know what i am doing and may have messed up with the motherboard. I didn't see it fit to purchase another one but please let me know guys am i wasting the parts i have in there on this motherboard? Am i getting the maximum use out of my parts?

64 bit would not let you "increase" your graphics. It would allow you to access around 1gb more of your RAM but that would not make a huge difference. what resolution are you gaming at?

At present your 9800GTX is a lower mid-range card and it's only going to get slower as newer games arrive. Your mobo supports Crossfire but your running an Nvidia card. If you had went with an ATI card you could add a second card for more power. As it stands your best bet is to buy a good aftermarket gpu cooler and overclock your card for a small boost (3-5 extra fps if your lucky). After that a newer more powerful card would be the shizzle. And a ATI card would let you upgrade to Crossfire later down the road when the prices drop and you need another power boost.

Or you could get an Nvidia SLI mobo and a 2nd 9800GTX.

At present your 9800GTX is a lower mid-range card and it's only going to get slower as newer games arrive. Your mobo supports Crossfire but your running an Nvidia card. If you had went with an ATI card you could add a second card for more power. As it stands your best bet is to buy a good aftermarket gpu cooler and overclock your card for a small boost (3-5 extra fps if your lucky). After that a newer more powerful card would be the shizzle. And a ATI card would let you upgrade to Crossfire later down the road when the prices drop and you need another power boost.

Or you could get an Nvidia SLI mobo and a 2nd 9800GTX.

well i was on a budget and 200 was all i could spend. BUT i have some extra money now and i could still return the card and exchange fora new one. i will be willing to spend and extra 100 on top of the original price so around $340. If there is any way you could go to this website Canada Computers - Your Neighbourhood Computer Store and Service Centre - PC Systems and Hardware Components, Notebooks, Electronics, and more. and look to see what i can possibly buy that would be awsome and greatly appreciated.

I am a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I was thinking about this card Canada Computers - Video Cards > PCI-Express Cards > Powered By nVidia : BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 Chipset (615Mhz) Shader Clock (1350Mhz) 1GB GDDR3 (2214Mhz) Dual Dual-Link Display PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card. but the instant $110 rebate is scaring me... dont know if there is something wrong with the card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom