core 2 duo or phenom II x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a hasty generalisation.
Just because a brand might have made many low quality products, doesn't mean all of their products are low quality.
I'd call the HA06/HA07 boards high quality. Diamonds in the rough for Jetway.
both of them have been rejected by CPU-Z (see the big cross in the picture?)

So the fact that the brand has made a lot of low quality products isn't a con in your opinion? If they have consistently cut corners in the past it makes me wonder if they still are. Sure they may make a few good products but I would rather go with a brand that makes a lot of good products and is know for their quality.

So the fact that the brand has made a lot of low quality products isn't a con in your opinion?
I think it's the wrong way to look at deciding whether to buy from them.

A good product is a good product.
It doesn't matter if the same brand has made some not very good products; that doesn't make the good product bad.

If they have consistently cut corners in the past it makes me wonder if they still are.
Everything I've seen says that they're good boards.

Whats the cross mean? A fake?
it means it's rejected, which means it's almost certainly fake.

I think it's the wrong way to look at deciding whether to buy from them.

A good product is a good product.
It doesn't matter if the same brand has made some not very good products; that doesn't make the good product bad..

I think anyone who has had a Jetway board that wasn't good or died would disagree.

It's easy to say a new product is good since it hasn't been out long enough tell how long it lasts. It's possible that a board could perform great and have tons of features right up until it dies a few days after the waranty runs out.

Brand does mean something. If I have choice between two products that both seem good but one of them is from a questionable brand while the other is from a reputable brand with a history of good quality i will pick the one from the good brand 100% of the time. The same holds true when I am recommending stuff fro other people, I can't honestly tell someone to buy something from a brand that I know has a history of poor quality.

I think anyone who has had a Jetway board that wasn't good or died would disagree.
Even if that was true, it doesn't say anything about the quality of a board that's completely different to one they had, even if it's from the same brand.

and the fact is, the HA06/HA07 boards are quite good. People's experience or opinions about Jetway as a company are irrelevant.

Well this thread has completely turned away from what I wanted it to lol. I still am not sure, intel or amd... this arguing about jetway really hasnt turned me one way or the other.. lol

My current setups that I was looking at were going total me like 240 with free shipping. Wouldn't like to spend anymore than that. And idk about that Jetway. I even looked at reviews on newegg, and they seemed to have a lot of returns, and I really as a new builder don't want to go through the RMA process.

edit: another thing I wanted to try to stay away from was an onboard video card. I read that hybrid sli/crossfire can be quite a hassle and actually messes things up and as a very very new builder I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

My current setups that I was looking at were going total me like 240 with free shipping. Wouldn't like to spend anymore than that. And idk about that Jetway. I even looked at reviews on newegg, and they seemed to have a lot of returns, and I really as a new builder don't want to go through the RMA process.
I saw none for the HA06, and two for the HA07 - about as many as any other board with as many reviews.

edit: another thing I wanted to try to stay away from was an onboard video card. I read that hybrid sli/crossfire can be quite a hassle and actually messes things up and as a very very new builder I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.
Wait, are you not planning on using a different card with it?
Most people who get 790GX boards don't use the onboard GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom