Help w/ sound..

Status
Not open for further replies.

layalaya1

Beta member
Good Day all..
Hope someone can help me out..
I have a old refurgished 2001 Micron PC .. Millenua XV series that has been upgraded to windows XP operating system.. There is no sound from the computer ( I tried Putting in differnt audio CD) and yes the speakers are hooked up correctly as I tried them w/ a differnt computer.. I went on Micron PC support and put in the serial # and it gave me all the info on it...I did see a sound card mentioned, however it has a Spitfire GVC AR862 mother board.

I think my problme is that I have to download sound drivers, howver I do not know which sound driver I need to download.. I am afraid if I download the wrong one, my computer would crash and I would lose my data.. Is that possible?

As you can figure by now, I am not computer savy! Any advice will be greatly appreciated..I want to be able to listen on my computer..

Merci Beacoup..

Thank you very much.. Is it under This for MPC support?

Drivers for:
(Spitfire - GVC AR862 Motherboard with Integrated Components (Millennia® XV))
Operating System Category / Link Size / Date
Firmware Update BIOS
Download Now 485 KB 08/16/2000
Version 1.02 BIOS flash update for the Spitfire - GVC AR862 Motherboard, MBD001137-xx.

Firmware Update BIOS
Download Now 611 KB 10/12/2000
Version 1.04 BIOS flash update for the Spitfire - GVC AR862 Motherboard, MBD001137-xx.

Windows ME Video
Download Now 595 KB 09/08/2000
This file contains the Windows ME AGP Driver for the onboard VIA AGP 4X/133 chipset on the Spitfire - GVC AR862 Motherboard, MBD001137-xx.

Windows ME Sound
Download Now 51 KB 09/08/2000
This file contains the Windows ME Audio Driver for the onboard sound on the Spitfire - GVC AR862 Motherboard, MBD001137-xx.

thanks..The download for ME is okay for XP?
Also, if Idownloaded it, there would not be any danger of crashing the computer?
Generally, when a driver is downloaded, it does not do any harm to the rest of the computer?

It is the newest driver they have. Downloading it will not hurt your system. Worst case on the slim chance installing it messes with your system you can use system restore to go back to before you installed it.

Welcome.gif

Your best option for support. Start a topic in the appropriate area. Not many people visit the Introduction area to give support. Hence it being a Intro area. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom