shutdown/startup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:

How do I check the event viewer, and what am I looking for?

Also, on a side note, I've pulled the majority of the important information off of the HD and onto the external HDD as a backup. I was wondering if it was possible for me to locate and back up the file that holds my SR user data so I won't have to re-train the Speech recognition system after reinstalling it. Could someone tell me how to do this?

should be in start/programs/admin... if not goto start, run type MMC and choose it for the snap in.

All of the application errors were TruVector, most of them looked like this:
TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\GHOST.ldb" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB4C.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\GHOST.ldb" was corrupt and has been deleted.

I have ZA turned off, but apparently truvector is still running.

there are multiple system errors:

cdrom (The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.)

atapi (The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort1, did not respond within the timeout period.)

Service control manager (Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service.)

BROWSER (The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NwlnkNb. The backup browser is stopping.)

MRxSmb (The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer S0029673555 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NwlnkNb. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.) multiple times

Service Control Manager (The Application Management service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found. )

Dhcp (The IP address lease 192.168.2.36 for the Network Card with network address 000D3A25F9B8 has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).)

System Warning that caught my attention by occuring a few dozen times in a row:

disk (An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\D during a paging operation.)

That's all for the system one since September 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom