Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

azstars

Baseband Member
So I just put together my new computer, and I think I did everything right, but I don't get anything on my monitor. The CPU cooler fan spins, the case fans spin, the GPU fans spin, even the DVD burner will open and close. Idk what's going on but I want to start using this thing soon!! Any ideas on what's going wrong?!!?

Wrong place to post this.

Anyways, are you sure you have everything plugged in correctly?
Is the video card pushed in far enough? (Double check anyways)
Are the motherboard lights on? Does it beep at all?

Check and triple check that all plugs are in their correct places, and yeh check you GPU has all the power connectors it needs.

What are your system specs, and your psu specs?

Sorry for the wrong place, my bad on that one!

I haven't had time to get back to work on it yet, but I'm going to later today so I will be sure to check the connections and everything and post back.

My specs are:
Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Mobo
Core i7 920 2.66GHz
XFX GTX 285
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 at 1600Mhz
LG DVD Burner
1TB WD HDD

My PSU specs:
Corsair TX750

Wow you got like the same build as me:
Gtx 285 (eVGA though)
i7 920 2.66 ghz
6 GB 1600 MHz ram
1 TB WD HDD
750W psu

Anyway, make sure that your dvi connector is plugged into the card in the slot nearest your mobo, as there are two slots on your gpu. Consult your mobo manual to make sure the ram is in the correct slots. It also might help if your gpu is in the primary pci-e slot, the one closest to the cpu. If you check on all that and make sure everything is connected to the psu, you should have this working. Don't forget there are two connectors for the mobo, and two on the gpu. Your computer will turn on if you only have the primary power connector in the motherboard, but it isn't going to work right.

Ok so I of that problem fixed, I forgot my 12V rail lol, I didn't plug in the 8-pin connector. But now I've realized my side panel fan won't work! My case is the xclio a380 with the 2 25cm fans, and the side fan has a 4 pin power connector (that's plugged in) and another thing that says warning connect to vr controller only! What does this mean and what should I connect it to?

EDIT: By the way, i'm installing vista and everythig with the side off. Is this a dangerous idea?I'm not wanting anything to overheat.

Ok so I of that problem fixed, I forgot my 12V rail lol, I didn't plug in the 8-pin connector. But now I've realized my side panel fan won't work! My case is the xclio a380 with the 2 25cm fans, and the side fan has a 4 pin power connector (that's plugged in) and another thing that says warning connect to vr controller only! What does this mean and what should I connect it to?

EDIT: By the way, i'm installing vista and everythig with the side off. Is this a dangerous idea?I'm not wanting anything to overheat.

It's a VR Fan Speed Controller. Here Noise Isolator (RH-35) VR Fan Speed Controller - Overclockers Club
They mount in the 5.25 bays.

Having the side panels off isn't dangerous as long as you are careful not to touch any moving parts or discharge static into any of the internals. You'll be fine.

Good Luck.

Alright thank you! I finally have it all up and running and it seems to be going smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom