what is fastest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
ok me and my dad was having a pc fight on whos computer was fastest

he has a intel pentium 4 3GHz 1GB ram 120GB HDD(+40GB HDD)

i have a AMD 8450 Triple-core 2.1GHz 2GB ram 320GB HDD

he keeps saying his computer is faster then mine lol

and what does triple core mean?

His processor is a single core processor (or at most hyper threaded) you however have 3 cores your system is faster and better at multi tasking compared to his.

Seriously a P4 vs a X3?

Yours wins without a contest..

A P4 couldn't touch the Athlon XP (the earlier P4's) or the Athlon64 of that time, it can't even have a fingernail on a Phenom which is two new architectures after the A64

Your friend is only saying because of the 3ghz core clock vs your 2.1ghz, yours is waaaaaaaay faster clock per clock (as in if they were all at the same speed.. and the extra cores is just the icing on the cake)

Make him read my post... that dude sounds like an uber n00b

If you want, make him downclock his Pentium 4 to 2.1ghz, then do some benchmarks except SuperPI because that's Intel biased

lol i think hes gonna sign up haha :D lmao

and yeah ill go ask him quick :]

he allso thinks his computer is a duo core but when i look at system it comes up as intel pentium 4 lol

Hahah you are all noobs This guy has 2.1GHz Proc. and is running a 32 mbit OS system That means that the pentium 4 is way faster. You need a 64 bit OS system to take advantage of the cores... you guys have no idea about operating systems and how they work..so sorry but the pent 4 is faster. All the poor people buy Amd's, Pentiums are for the rich...

He probably thinks it is dual core because it has HT. This will make it look like it has two cores but in fact there is only 1. Yours is faster by a long way, it's not even close. He does not have to sign up just to see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom