My IBM server is ****ing me off. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlidkeeper91

In Runtime
Ok well like all day I have been trying to install windows XP but each time I would get a Blue screen either going through the steps or just after the booting screen. I am in need of help. If anyone can please and thank you.

Gee... Help??? How can we help when we need the stop message that it is giving you??? Chances are it's a scsi driver that isn't compatable with the system....

All error codes look exactly like that. The only part of them that changes is the code. The 0X0000ZZ part which is the most inportant part to give us the code of what is going wrong.

Bug Check Codes

Just by looking at that page you can see that there are many different codes that it could be. Without the exact error code to know which problem it is exactly we cant really help.

ok let me start it up. Ill get back to you in a bit.

0x00000024 (0x001902f8, 0xf78c6818, 0xf78c6518, 0xf349857)

thats what it gives me.

Bug Check 0x24: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Bug Check 0x24: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

The NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM bug check has a value of 0x00000024. This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

Resolving the Problem

To debug this problem: Use the .cxr (Display Context Record) command with Parameter 3, and then use the kb (Display Stack Trace) command.

To resolve a disk corruption problem: Check Event Viewer for error messages from SCSI and FASTFAT (System Log) or Autochk (Application Log) that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. Try disabling any virus scanners, backup programs, or disk defragmenter tools that continually monitor the system. You should also run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.

To resolve a nonpaged pool memory depletion problem: Either add new physical memory to the computer (thus increasing the quantity of nonpaged pool memory available to the kernel), or reduce the number of files on the Services for Macintosh (SFM) volume.

Sounds like a bad hard drive to me.

I can view it in event. I havent even installed windows on it yet.

ok now I switch hdds to install it on and now it gives me 0x0000008e

Bug Check 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000008E. This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

Resolving the Problem

If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques:
  • Make sure you have enough disk space.
  • If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
  • Try changing video adapters.
  • Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
  • Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you plan to debug this problem, you might find it difficult to obtain a stack trace. Parameter 2 (the exception address) should identify the driver or function that caused this problem.
If exception code 0x80000003 occurs, a hard-coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but the computer was started with the /NODEBUG switch. This problem should rarely occur. If it occurs repeatedly, make sure that a kernel debugger is connected and that the computer is started with the /DEBUG switch.
If exception code 0x80000002 occurs, the trap frame supplies additional information.
If you do not know the specific cause of the exception, consider the following items:
  • Hardware incompatibility. Make sure that any new hardware installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List.
  • Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
If the bug check message lists a driver by name , disable or remove that driver. Also, disable or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup sequence and the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty driver. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you have to start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file.
If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, you can remove the service by starting the system by using the Recovery Console and then deleting the offending system service file.
Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x1E. You can disable memory caching of the BIOS to try to resolve the error. You should also run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, that the system manufacturer supplies. For more information about these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
The error that generates this message can occur after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished. A possible cause of the error is lack of disk space for installation and system BIOS incompatibilities. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with lack of disk space, reduce the number of files on the target hard disk drive. Check for and delete any temporary files that you do not have to have, Internet cache files, application backup files, and .chk files that contain saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk drive with more free space for the installation.
You can resolve BIOS problems by upgrading the system BIOS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom