Accidently touched the outside of the cpu plate- oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessVirage

Baseband Member
I accidently touched the cpu plate as I was installing it and now there is a faint fingerprint on the metal where the dell information is printed and the heatsink lines up. Is there a way I can clean this or is this a huge problem? I would like to know before I install the heatsink on top of it. I don't even know how I did it- I just looked and saw it and freaked out!

soak it in vinegar, then carefully wrap it in tin foil and put it in the dishwasher for a normal cycle.

disclaimer: don't really do that. i'd be interested in hearing the answer to this as well, cuz I don't know.

are you saying that on the metal where the heat sink makes contact, there is a finger print? If so them calm down dude, it would do nothing.

If you're really worried about it, just use a coffee filter and some isopropyl alcohol to clean it off ;).

don't sweat it then mate, it would not effect anything. As long as it is not like some big finger print when you just stuck your finger in oil lol. I wipe the top of the cpu with a felt cleaning pad once, then apply the thermal paste, just so there is not dust on it.

soak it in vinegar, then carefully wrap it in tin foil and put it in the dishwasher for a normal cycle.

disclaimer: don't really do that. i'd be interested in hearing the answer to this as well, cuz I don't know.

As I don't know if this is correct or not, its better off to not post this in the first place, (As you don't know either).

Imagine if he didn't scroll down, and went and did it?
Could've had a ruined processor.
Just my input.

Also, it is fine to touch the part you did, just try not to touch the pins or the bottom of the processor.
Usually best to grab it around the sides.

I normally lick the metal plate of my cpu before installing it. Its how I know if its a good overclocker or not. 60% of the time it works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom