Wats the best Intel chipset??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
I want to buy a mobo with a Intel i875P chipset. would a i865P chipset be much different......by the way, is the i915P chipset good? can u OC ur chipset??? [enough Chipset rite!] lol

I've heard that i875P is good from some people and that it isn't so great from others...so I'm guessing that it doesn't really matter which of the 2 you pick. I have no clue as to if the i915P chipset is any good. I imagine that it is really good, only 'cause the # is higher...I don't really know if you can o.c. the chipset or not.

915 is one of the newer chipsets, designed to use ddr2. No overclocking on that one, I think you have to go for the 925 if you want to OC. 875 is good for OC, and won't cost you a fortune.

I875 is better then I865, but because of PAT......But some manufactorer's have cloned PAT and now use it for I865 chips:p The benefit of i865's is they are rather cheaper, but are about 5% slower:rolleyes:

The new chipsets are good, but not revolutionary..... They are only about 3% faster then their replacement chips, mostly due to the slow DDR2:rolleyes: I would recommend the I915 because it supports DDR and DDR2, unlike I925:rolleyes: ;)

But choicing between the last and newest chipsets is easy, because i876/865 are for Socket 478 and i925/915 are for LGA775;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom