Powerering up Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
Just got a PC that was working fine as I was installing Windows on it. Left the room... came back and the thing isn't turning on any more. No beeps... The fans wont turn on also... I changed the PSU to check and nothing... changed the cable... and nothing... Seriously... WTF is going on? lol

Unusual o_O
Try unplugging everything except the motherboard, RAM and video card, and the power for each. Then try turning it on.
Though it sounds like something you may have already tried.

Is there any chance the motherboard is shorting against the inside of the case?

Unusual o_O
Try unplugging everything except the motherboard, RAM and video card, and the power for each. Then try turning it on.
Though it sounds like something you may have already tried.

Is there any chance the motherboard is shorting against the inside of the case?

I thought that may have been the case... however... the case has the little hold ups so it doesn't touch against the back. Do you really think a motherboard can short so fast like that? I mean I literally walked out and in 5 minutes it went down.

Hmm, seems outta my league now, you'll have to see what someone else says.

Sounds like either something tripped a breaker or a power strip, like you had a power surge. Are you getting power to the PSU from where it is plugged in ? You can get a tester if you don't already have one.

Sounds like either something tripped a breaker or a power strip, like you had a power surge. Are you getting power to the PSU from where it is plugged in ? You can get a tester if you don't already have one.

Power Strips! SOOO many people never realize how unreliable they are. They just assume, plug, socket... it's gotta work. NOPE. Wall outlets often suck too.

Exactly, thats why I said check the power coming to the system, because if it was working fine then bammo, I would say it is power to the system that should be checked first, to avoid any messing with the PC if unnecessary. In other words, check the obvious things first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom