pcmia

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCMCIA
To my knowledge, there is PCMCIA Type II and PCMCIA Type III Cards.
PCMCIA Type III is the thickness of 2 PCMCIA Type II on top of each other. Most PCMCIA Cards are Type II, however thinks like Xercom (who remember these guys) brought out products like their REAL PORT Card that took up 2x PCMCIA Type II. Thus the reason why PCMCIA Type III came out.

Most Notebooks before 2001 came with 1x PCMCIA Type III (or 2x Type II) Slots as standard. It's only been since Modems and Network Cards became stardard that know you need to ask the question "Does it come with a PCMCIA slot?"

Personally, if I need to get some thing on to a notebook, and Floppy and CD Roms are not an option. I spend about $20 on a IDE 2.5 to IDE 3.25 Hard Drive Adaptor. And then put the laptop harddrive into the stardard desktop machine. Then copy the files accross.

if only i had a standard desktop in operation at the moment, its only half finished lol, i do have my main laptop also, the NIC i was trying to put in is the proper thickness, its 2 bits at the side that dont seem to link properly, there is like small gaps at the side to allow you to slide it past 2 clibs at bottom of slot bit they dont seem to be big enough, i guess i could just mangle it to make it fit in there and see if that makes a difference

NIC(<for nubius)
lol thanks :D

Don't suppose you have a camera so you could get pictures of the card and old laptop do you? You don't want to mangle a card into a slot...lol I saw some gruesome pictures of a guy who carved out his own 'notches' in a ram stick to make it fit muahahaha

lol it would only take like a few millimetres of plastic to make it fit, i'll take some pics when am back at home, i'm stuck in the hell hole i call work ;oP

yeah I'm at work too....hahaha fortunately for me I work from home so its all good :D

thats my dream job, what do you work as? and how old r u if u dont mind me askin? at this moment i'm trying to find my digi cam, however my room is as much a hellhole as work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom