Just orderd a HP mini note 2133.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
I just ordered myself a HP mini note 2133 aria.co.uk has them available for £225 including VAT but only 4 are left in stock. I am gona be sticking PCBSD on it so unboxing and review coming up tomorrow once it arives.

Sure brag about it soem more why dont ya. :p

Congrats. Hopefully PC-BSD has upped its stuff since i tried it last. It wasnt that great and their support stunk when i tried it not long ago with your suggestion of BSD to me.

I hope you got a good price for that mini note. The HP Mini Notes down here are not very well competatively priced compaired to simulare offering from over magor vendors like Lenovo or Toshiba.

Well I bagged mine for £225 for the linux version, every ware else is it going for £300 - £350.

Had some good fun with it so far the only thing that didnt work right out the box was the broadcom wifi, ndiswrapper refuses to play nice with it at the moment but I am working on that I think there is a iffy file on my driver download that wont let me compile the kernel module.

EDIT:

I think I know what I have done wrong with ndiswrapper I have been running it on my netbook without the source code for the kernel I am gona try it once I have the source downloaded.

Edit 2:

Funky thing is it at first it didnt tell me I was missing the source just kicked me out of the terminal and left me wondering, Oh well got it working now well kinda.it's picking up the ap's in range it's an will connect to open AP's but it isn't playing well with any form of encryption just a minor bump in the road for now.

That they are, the keys don't have that toy like quality most netbooks have and is prity big for my clumzy paws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom