Choosing new monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close enough. I didn't even realize they had 22" 1920x1080. I saw 1920x1200 but they are around $300-$400. That would make a sweet dual monitor setup for the price. Thanks for the link

Hey no prob. :p I saw them for the first time (that I can remember) today, when someone was asking for a comparison between another 22" Acer.

Ok, well, I think I am leaning more towards a 24" monitor.

Currently I am looking at this Samsung, It has DVI, VGA, component, coax, and TWO HDMI inputs. This would ROCK for me, since my only HDTV died months ago, and I could hook my IPTV up to this, my computer, and one of my PS3's and still have a few extra connectors.
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

Does anyone know if this monitor will run 720P/1080P for my PS3 games? I know that the native res is 1920 x 1200, but will it RUN 720P/1080P?

Does anyone know if this monitor will run 720P/1080P for my PS3 games? I know that the native res is 1920 x 1200, but will it RUN 720P/1080P?

Don't quote me on this because I might be wrong but I believe that monitor has 1:1 pixel mapping. Meaning it won't stretch a 1080 signal out to fit the screen, it will have black bars on the top and bottom. If that is what you are referring to. You could always find a local store that sells it and maybe they could hook a PS3 up for you and see how it looks.

My buddy confirmed for me it will work. Now all that's left to do is the waiting game.... wait till I get paid on the 20th, or when my roomate deciedes he's gonna pay his flipping rent, and I will order, YAY! Might just order another 4870, just because.

DEF not going to get that one... Hanns G isn't a brand that I recognise that I would trust... If a $399 24" has sucky viewing angles & color reproduction, I am not going to give a 28" for cheaper the time of day... and no DVI port?

They are both TN panels. Regardless of make your going to get poor angles and color. Samsung will just have the better warranty ie: dead/stuck pixels. Some will have more vibrant colors. For $400 dollars I personally would search for a MVA panel monitor. My 24" LG didn't have DVI. They will come w/ hdmi to dvi anyways.

edit: Just saying that if your going to use that to watch TV your probably nothing going to be satisfied. If it's just for a monitor than by all means purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom