I cannot see newly added IDE USB drive in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
dear friends,

i have just added new usb IDE hard drive in my computer, I can see it in device manager but cannot see in my computer or disk management, this is the disk I am trying to recover. Thank you

please help me.

If it isnt discovered in Disk Management there is nothing you can do. That means that the drive is dead and cant operate. The Device Manager can see it cause it is connected thru the USB Port. But if the Disk Management doesnt see it there is no way to recover from the drive.

Could send it to a professional for data recovery - they will take apart the drive and pull the data off. Downside is it will cost like 300 or more dollars.

So it is an ide hard drive in an external usb enclosure. correct? Have you pulled the hard drive out of the enclosure and hooked it internally to your computer in case the enclosure has gone bad? Most likely this will not work because the usb device is showing in device manager but worth a try.

If what Hefe said doesnt work there is no alternative. The drive is DOA and only a pro can get the data from it.

You could always try some of those insane tricks like put it in the freezer for a few hours and that. But they are not tried and tested methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom