Motherboard not Powering UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Beta member
I recently bought an msi x58 platinum motherboard with an i7 and 3gig of ddr3. It came with a geforce 9400 and 580watt power supply.

I got an 8800 gtx and tried to swap it in with the 9400. Firstly, I had to unplug my cd drive to free up a 4 pin power plug. Then I had to buy 2 adapters to take 4 4pin plugs and turn them into 2 8 pin plugs for the video card ( i think its an overclocked model and just takes a lot of power).

Once I got it all plugged in, it wouldnt start. I have 3 fans plugged in to the Power supply but thats it. I thought that was kind of wierd. After messing arround with the cables for an hour or so I got all the fans to work and the video card by just plugging in 1 4 pin plug into each 8 pin adapter.

So everything worked for a few days, then all of the sudden, after playing cs:s for about 2 hours the computer turned off. When i try and turn it on, the mother board flashes a couple blue lights once and then goes back to standby with just the orange light. It wont attempt to power on again unless i reset the power supply. I unplugged the video card and It still does the same thing. Anyone know whats up? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom