My new build will not turn on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Iv gotten my pc to come on and stay on. As long as I am on the motherboard start up page it will stay on, but when it trys to run windows it restarts, every time!
Is there something Im supposed to do before windows starts?

You said you are using an OLD hard drive. I am MORE than willing to bet that you are trying to boot into an existing insall of windows on that drive. Have you FORMATTED the hard drive, and re-installed windows?

If it IS an old drive that you are trying to boot from, it isn't going to work, unless you took it out of an IDENTICAL rig.

You said you are using an OLD hard drive. I am MORE than willing to bet that you are trying to boot into an existing insall of windows on that drive. Have you FORMATTED the hard drive, and re-installed windows?

If it IS an old drive that you are trying to boot from, it isn't going to work, unless you took it out of an IDENTICAL rig.

Thanks man, I think your right. What Do I do if there are things on the hard drive, Like long documentarys, ebooks, ect... on there I want to keep?

Thanks for the help everyone, it is very much obliged:D

If you are using Windows XP do a repair install. If it is Vista you will have to use a Linux LiveCD to voot up and mount the drive to get the data off there you want to keep.

In my opinion, kmote was right, but, i would advice buying a sataII HDD , They are VERY cheap these days, and plus you can use the OLD HDD as a slave, for your precious backups. (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom