Computer randomly turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbetenia1

In Runtime
my computer has been randomly turning off lately and i cant figure out why. It will run fine for days at a time and then turn off. sometimes it turns off after a min or 2 of being on. so far i have blown all the dust out of it (there was quite a bit of dust in it) and it still randomly turns off. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could be a heat issue then. Have you checked your temps?

how do i go about doing that?

this message pops up when i start the computer. not sure what it means.

to make the maximum efficiency of dynamic energy saver, please go to cmos setup and enable the EIST and C1E items

Have you checked your heatsink/CPU cooler? Make sure it firmly attached to the motherboard. I once had a CPU cooler that wasn't attached correctly to the motherboard and my PC would cut out at random intervals, once I'd reattached the cooler, everything was fine.

Could be a heat issue then. Have you checked your temps?

Yep, this why I asked my question. CPU's have a thermal protection temp. More than likely it's around 70C or so. If the CPU's temp gets to that range. The PC will just shut off like you unplugged it from the wall. This is a preventative measure.

That message is a feature of Gigabytes. I'm not sure how that relates to your Shut offs. Perhaps head to their support or forums?

But, your issue is more than likely heat related.

if it just pops off then it's the power supply, not the CPU. For some reason your power supply is deciding "Hey, now is a good time to do an emergency shut down!"

Either it's going bad, has some bad connections, or is over heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom