Help a newb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
Hey, just wanted to say this is my first post but wont be my last :)
second, im farely new to building desktops.. actually this will be my first:) and im having a hard time choosing stuff.. i dont know what alot of it means, im just new to hardware :p

so, i was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on a good motherboard for roughly no more then 150$ ( im in canada so prices will vary)

processor, i dont know prices for those but something good but not crazy expensive.
Is there anything i left out?
i already know about ram, hard drives dvd drives, video cards, sound cards

please help :)

about 800 or so, on the whole thing :p and games/movies.. basic entertainment :) im going to use my old case unless i HAVE to get a new one to fit the motherboard , thanks for your help :)

What kind of case do you have, and what kind of games are you looking to play? :p

Also, do you need a monitor?

its just a stock acer case.. few years old lol im just gutting it and using it cuz i dont wanna use 50-100$ on a case if i dont ahve to:p and i donoo exactly lol farley new ones

EDIT: i just noticed, we have the same gfx card :p

oh oops lol i didnt even see that, no i dont need one :p its not THAT bad a card haha just a little on the older side lol ;)

i got it back when it first came out :p it played what i wanted it to but it needs an upgrade
ok thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom