Which monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own this one myself:Newegg.com - ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Which is the same price and nearly the same stats as the "second one" on your list, for about the same price, with free shipping, and 2ms time instead of 5ms

Oh.. and I love it.. to death. The power on button glows blue when active, orange when power is on- but no signal found, but its not a super duper bright blue.

The color is clean and crisp, and the moni has several settings for its brightness, stock bright was a tad too bright for me. The stand is a tad bit wobbly, but there's alot of ways to fix it, and I only really notice when typing hard or bumping my desk. Even the built in speakers are ok.

Reason I link that one is it seems very close to your second, so if you only choose between those 2, definetely go with the second one.

I suppose it doesn't matter that much if your video card isn't beastly. I have heard though that widescreen monitors look kinda weird when not at their max res. I haven't tried lowering mine thought because my gtx 285 can handle 1920x1200 like cake. If this is true, then the first one would be the better option. Can some one verify this? If this is false, then just go with the second one, so when you upgrade, you'll have the pixels.

I think the second one would be fine, cause you could always upgrade your video card later, anyway.

I've played games on all resolutions, they only look weird on the very odd setting modes, where the Width is scrunched way too far, or not far enough, to make the Height look balanced. Gives you super fat or super skinny models in games.

You can also set it to go into the Aspect mode, so its "square" but your pretty much just making the extra "wide screen" parts turn black and not used to square it out.

Some games take a little to get used to at lower resolutions, but honestly all the changes seem to be forgotten in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom