My next upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned
24 Samsung SSDs get strung together for supercomputer fun

I would change;

Intel xeons (based on nehalem) in a dual socket motherboard + watercooling blacks. The KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC343B Server Cube Case with 5 of these KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li EX-34B HDD Bay Black which would coincidentally use up all but one 5.25" bay, strap a 3 4x120 watercooling rads on the back then get my tri-sli gtx285s with 6gb of ram finally making a Virginal sacrifice to Windows :)

That is some prity hard core stuff right there, wonder where they got that custom ram from?

24 Solid State Drives Open ALL of Microsoft Office In .5 Seconds

24 Solid State Drives Open ALL of Microsoft Office In .5 Seconds

Warning: This clip is a piece of Samsung marketing material.
Warning 2: It's actually pretty fracking amazing, and it might change your view of computers.
Samsung techies linked 24 of the company's 256GB SSD drives together in a RAID with the hopes of making the fast SSD drives even faster. The system actually reaches transfer speeds of 2GBps. What's that much speed mean to you?
• All of Microsoft Office opens in .5 seconds.
• 53 programs from the test rig's Start menu open in 18 seconds.
• The complete system defrags in about 3 seconds.
Basically, we all know that hard drives are holding other components in computers back, slowing down our day to day usage. But I'll be honest in saying that I didn't things were this bad. While almost no mortal could afford to build this amazing rig, suddenly that SATA3 technology isn't looking so impressive.

Clips: 24 Solid State Drives Open ALL of Microsoft Office In .5 Seconds

Re: 24 Solid State Drives Open ALL of Microsoft Office In .5 Seconds

Been posted, gona merge with the orginal.

robust little array isnt it, SSD's are just what I need in my laptops the only drawback in my mind is there relativity low capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom