Solid state drives and gaming... worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
I have a gaming laptop that has a dual core, 4gb's of ram, NVIDIA ® GeForce ® 8400M G 1,2 GPU with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM and up to 1 GB of TurboCache™1.90 ghz, and I haven't came across too many games I can't run decently. I had no idea that the solid state drives were out. So I'm thinking of buying this:

Lexar EX16GB-431 16GB(SSD) from newegg.

My question is about value. This card cost about $50 bucks for a side plug into my laptop. If I install, for example, Empire total war, on this solid state drive. Will it run that much smoother and faster or will it show no difference?

On a laptop it will make little difference as the graphics and cpu power is much lower usually. I would only reccomend a ssd for a laptop that you want a long battery life from.

SSDs don't really provide much extra performance and i would only advise them under certain circumstances, one of them being if you can justify the cost and just want the absolute best you can get. other wise there's no need for them in my personal opinion. also i'm moving this to building/buying for high performance pcs as it's hardly a troubleshooting question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom