Vista or XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't use xp on any system at this point. Vista is very fast and responsive on my desktop and is far more atable than xp ever was.

I am even considering putting Vista on my netbook and removing xp.

Vista 64 and i agree, I use xp pro on my work box and after all my complaining i miss Vista when I am on it lol
isn't MS ending xp support this year?

With Se7en coming soon, I would reuse whatever version of Windows I could recycle until it is released.

Vista works great with new hardware. On an older system I would recommend XP, but not a new one.

If you find Vista slower, Windows Server 08 is a nice balance as well :D

I've read a little about tweaking server 08 to function as vista but it seems like a real hassle. Also, what's the compatibility like? Since it's a server OS so it's not meant to be used for games and multimedia.

Vista works great with new hardware. On an older system I would recommend XP, but not a new one.

However Xp works more "great"-er on new hardware. I was getting a lot of laggy game performance until I rolled back to Vista on my gaming laptop that orginally shipped with vista.

Hey I'm looking for some help picking my OS. I'm getting a new gaming rig, but I can't seem to decide between Vista Home or XP SP3 Home. I'm going to be playing a lot of games on the new rig and I was leaning towards Vista because it supports more than 4GB RAM plus it has DX10. A big question I have is, can I transfer files via a flash drive from a computer with XP on it, to my computer with Vista on it? The other question I have is simple: which OS would you guys recommend? Thanks a lot!!
There is also XP x64 edition (+ SP2), also 64-bit, and supports up to 128GB RAM
Not the same as XP 64-bit edition (which is built for the Itanium's, and won't work on AMD64/x86 CPU's), I would highly recommend it to anybody that's a gamer, and knows how to find drivers for their hardware.

I have noticed people with Vista often do have sluggishness that isn't there on XP when gaming - and this is on systems with good hardware, including 4GB RAM, 9600GT's, a 4870 X2

I haven't personally been on Vista longer then a few days, but I hated every moment of it. I don't remember much about it, like during game play and all, but I do know that the Windows 7 Beta I tried seemed like the smoothest and most beautiful and fastest OS I have ever been on- and that was before my quad core and 6GB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom