reputation scales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Also people should start giving me rep.

And don't reply, "Well you should start earning it!"

meh, I could care less about my own rep, personally. I think its a great system so far, but we all know you are a smart egg, Spit-wad :D

I think its a great system so far, but we all know you are a smart egg, Spit-wad

for me it was crucial to trust or not to trust the content of the person posting. It gave me confidence before knowing who Osiris, Mak, Otter to see 20k+ posts, to actually DO to my computer what they're saying.

Post count at least shows activity, but it isn't that accurate... I try not to post unless I have something valuable to say. I know a lot of people here do the same, but obviously not everyone does.

I think the rep system is a fantastic idea. I think if it stood out a little more it would be way more successful. The tiny scale is ok, but surely with the amount of graphic talent we have here it could be better. Also the little blocks are ok. They are default I know. But, I've seen other forums running VB that actually give a numerical value to the reputation. This is more important to the system than a few blocks. There are many people with 1 block, 2 blocks, 3 blocks... etc... but that doesn't give you anything to judge by. If I had 2 blocks and the value was say 119. And mikesgroovin has 2 blocks and a value of 150, people can get a better sense of rep.

Perhaps change the scales to the letters " REP "

These are the little things that set forums apart from others. Regulars that frequent here take notice of little things like that.

Just my 3 cent.

I think the rep system is a fantastic idea. I think if it stood out a little more it would be way more successful. The tiny scale is ok, but surely with the amount of graphic talent we have here it could be better. Also the little blocks are ok. They are default I know. But, I've seen other forums running VB that actually give a numerical value to the reputation. This is more important to the system than a few blocks. There are many people with 1 block, 2 blocks, 3 blocks... etc... but that doesn't give you anything to judge by. If I had 2 blocks and the value was say 119. And mikesgroovin has 2 blocks and a value of 150, people can get a better sense of rep.

Perhaps change the scales to the letters " REP "

These are the little things that set forums apart from others. Regulars that frequent here take notice of little things like that.

Just my 3 cent.

Yeah, there needs to be a better way of quantifying everyone's "rep level", but the system as a whole is great, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom