Is a Prescott core Pentium 4 one of the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
I want to buy a Prescott P4. Is it any good? I think the Northwood core is the best.......or is it....it betr be....its $900 hahahahaha...lol Thanx

some ppl dont like the Prescott, because it run's hot... but that doesnt afect anyone but the ppl who overclock everything thy buy.

only the brand new Northwoods have a 2mb cache, the older ones only had a 512kb cache.. but the older prescotts have a 1mb cache, so if i were to choose, id get the prescott cause i cant aford the new Northwood.

AMD currently is the best, but if you wanna stick to Intel thats perfectly fine aswell;)

Depends on what you can afford really:confused: I wouldn't personally get any Prescott unless it is 3.6 or faster:confused: The Northwood core is much faster then the Prescott until they both hit 3.4, when they even up and then Northwood line is stopped:confused:

I heard the 775 heat-output is quite normal compared to the older 478 Prescott. I guess the extra pins split the power evenly, eh?

I personally prefer AMD, the Athlon 64's are more powerful and process 64-bit
although it's up to you whether you get a P4 or not
if you are getting anything 2.8GHZ or below, don't get Prescott. if you're getting 3GHZ or higher, then yes get a Prescott

the Northwoods perform better then the Prescotts at lower frequencies

I'M AMD ALL THE WAY FOR ME. Give me AMD 64-FX anyday.
(Ignor that printer server specs there, it's not like I paid money for that one)

I think the best performing CPU is not even the FX-57, but the Opteron 850 with quad processing
it does sorta the same thing as Hyperthereading but it makes it look like 4 processors, so a dual opteron 850 will have 2 physical processors, but 8 virtual processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom