Vista or XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP definetly. Vista is extremely bloated. If you absolutely need DX10 then wait for Windows 7 as it is much lighter on resources than Vista. My XP vers. currently has Direct X 10.

I'd go with Vista, because its pointless at this point to buy Windows XP for the same price as Vista, in addition, with a decent system it runs better in comparison XP

XP definetly. Vista is extremely bloated. If you absolutely need DX10 then wait for Windows 7 as it is much lighter on resources than Vista. My XP vers. currently has Direct X 10.

You are using the Alky Project? That completely failed, I'm pretty sure it did

Yeah I'm using the Alky Project. You are correct that it no longer is in operation anymore, but as a failure, not really. Most games requiring DX10 work great on my XP. I did get the latest RC3 build which works well on most computers. It's not a 100% thing. I personally enjoy XP mainly for the customization.

I'll stick with Vista/W7. I have XP on a drive right now, but as soon as my motherboard comes back from RMA, I'm backing up my data on my XP drive and replacing it with Vista. Been enjoying Win7 for the past 5 months or so now, though.

From server 08, yes, from XP pro, no.

See the original idea was to start from 100% scratch, however they scrapped that about 3 weeks into the job. So they based it on server 08's junk,but, tweaked it, and are pushing it for a "gamers market"

regardless how it happened, Microsoft actually made an OS that improves the performance of your PC, at stock settings for the OS none-the-less.

Which really gives a lot of hope for 7, even though its not the 'true gamer OS" we all hoped for.

Personal experience on the p3 I had with Win7, my games ran 5FPS faster, felt smoother over all, and I experienced much less "hang time" in between applications and games. Also, no crashes or BSOD's lol.

I switched back from vista to xp. The all day stuff went slower with vista. Like copy pasting files or installing games/programs. Pressing the right mouse button on a file would have you waiting 2 seconds while with xp it's instant...

Can you actually still buy XP, anyway?

OEM version, yes. They have discontinued the retail and upgrade versions.

I switched back from vista to xp. The all day stuff went slower with vista. Like copy pasting files or installing games/programs. Pressing the right mouse button on a file would have you waiting 2 seconds while with xp it's instant...

Very true.

I found that Vista was a magor drag on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom