thinking about buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
just sort of want to be more mobile. what would be the best one for ~900$? i want sort of a balance of everything, although a strong vid card would be nice. it would be used for photo/video and light gaming. i was actually thinking about getting refurb macbook

any suggestions? battery life would be nice

without a doubt.
go buy a mac.

i got one, a refurb from the apple online store (and if you know a person who works for apple, you can get even more discount -- apple has family and friend discount)

i'm a PC guy, but trying to become a mac guy --- its not as bad as I had orginally thought it would be... but i do need to learn the mac.

anyway, i love it so far.
however, the reason i say get one without a doubt --- is because of the people i deal with (i know and trust them) -- THEY say --- a mac is a must.

call the apple store help -- ask them questions :)

good luck

Well Macs aren't that great for gaming, your selection will be limited by your hardware and compatibility.

Avoid macs like the plague they are rip offs of the highest order and I owned two and the macbook I had was nothing but trouble.,

If you have the cash go for a Lenovo Thinkpad.

Keep in mind that the more intense gaming you want to do with it, the closer to the wall you will need to be. Check this thread to see what I recommended to another guy looking at buying a laptop:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/new-laptop-advice-200521/

Maybe its just me, but for the money and ergonomics, desktops are the way to go.

i already have a pretty good desktop, i dont need some ridiculously large thing. i was looking at newegg and they have some pretty good laptops for ~1000 that blow away the mbpros. i'm still thinking about getting a mac, based on the fact that they are fairly light and solid, and i have a friend who works at apple so she can get me good discounts.

bit if there are better ones out there, let me know. i would prefer an intel processor and ~15' screen and under 6.5 pounds

But if you get a mac you can dual book! lol So gaming is all good, but mac are more expensive in my experience.
Here's a Toshiba for $900. Its got a solid 3650 gpu and a core3duo p8600.
Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite A355-S6944 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR2 800 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 - Laptops / Notebooks

But this would probably be the ideal laptop as its more rounded out and will last longer.
Newegg.com - ASUS N81Vp-C1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T9550(2.66GHz) 14.1" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 - Laptops / Notebooks

NOTE: If you can find them on newegg, you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere if you look long/hard enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom