Operating System for new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh okay thanks. The RE here is actually cheaper, and has more storage room so I am going to go with that. thanks

New question!!
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

This motherboard, does it fully support the new 45 nm chips? I was reading up and a lot of boards boast they support 45 nm technology, which means some boards do not. Does this board?

Edit: didnt realize i double-posted, sorry bout that in advance

This motherboard, does it fully support the new 45 nm chips? I was reading up and a lot of boards boast they support 45 nm technology, which means some boards do not. Does this board?

All P45 motherboards support 45nm ;)

I tried their website to make sure, but it's rubbish, they only have information on 4 LGA775 motherboards.

On an OEM version you would, because its supposed to work for one install only, then it'll nag you when you activate Windows that its already been activated

This is only true if the install was done on a PC with different hardware than was first Activated with.

If you reinstall Windows on a machine that you have previously installed and activated Windows on then you will not be asked to call M$.

There is a small hardware profile which is saved and sent to Microsoft when you activate. It contains info about your mobo, cpu and some other little things like Video Card and RAM.

Now if you install on teh same machine but switch RAM or Video Card the activation will go thru. But if the CPU or Mobo, mobo being the main one, doesnt match that of what is on record for Microsoft to be the system in use then you will have to call them and give them a reason why you are installing Windows on a new machine.

You can reinstall Windows on the same hardware as many times as you want and never have to call to activate.

This is only true if the install was done on a PC with different hardware than was first Activated with.

If you reinstall Windows on a machine that you have previously installed and activated Windows on then you will not be asked to call M$.

There is a small hardware profile which is saved and sent to Microsoft when you activate. It contains info about your mobo, cpu and some other little things like Video Card and RAM.

Now if you install on teh same machine but switch RAM or Video Card the activation will go thru. But if the CPU or Mobo, mobo being the main one, doesnt match that of what is on record for Microsoft to be the system in use then you will have to call them and give them a reason why you are installing Windows on a new machine.

You can reinstall Windows on the same hardware as many times as you want and never have to call to activate.

Thanks for that bit of info....I was wondering how that all worked....thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom