AMD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
I need advice on a good AMD mother board.

I am planning on X4 940 and over clocking considerably to 4.0 GHz, probably 3.6~3.7 daily.

I also would like SLI but the difference between SLI and xFire is negligible so it's too a life or death deal.

Just something that will handle that sort of over clock and preferably DDR3 for a price that makes it worth getting the AMD option over the Intel option.

I know I've asked this before, but that was a few months back and things have changed since then.

I've browsed the currently active threads and not really what I need for an answer.

thanks

IMO, if you plan going socket AM3, wait a little while... Seems there are no decent motherboards, atleast nothing that has newer technology in it yet...

well I don't mind DDR2 at all, 1066 MHz is enough for me, so it's not a big deal if AM3 hasn't matured yet

really an "at the moment" question, cause I'm planning on buying as soon as I sell my old comp

Yea, now isn't the best time to get an AM3 only board. They still need to work out the bugs with their DDR3, as it doesn't run well with the new AM3 processors. You can find some nice AM2/AM3 boards with 780g or 790gx chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom