wtf? fatal error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
ok when i try to uninstall easy cd creator 5 platnum from add/remove programs, after clicking yes i get a box that says this:
Fatal error during installation.
for some reason there is no installation folder, but i can still use the program. is there any way to uninstall it short of reformating?

(I should mention that it is not a legal copy, i got it for "free") could that be the problem?

"Smith & Wesson..."

This happened to me before. The reason you probably can't uninstall, is because the installer didn't include an uninstall log file. I would reccomend you Install it again to see if it will come out. If not, Try uninstalling in safe mode. :cool:

i tried that in safe mode and i got an error saying that i can't access windows installer in safe mode.
I will try installing it again, i'll get back to you on that

--------EDIT------------------

ok when i tried to reinstall it i got this message:

the wizard was interrupted before easy cd creator 5 platinum could be completely installed.

your system has not been modified. to complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

click finish to exit wizard.

yeah, but you should be able to manually remove it. Also, do a google, there is software out there that will remove it as well... seems this is something known if people need to write software to remove the damn thing! :)

Go to Program Files and delete it that way! unless its not in Program Files. Do a Windows Search and find the file wher it is located, and then Delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom