Vista or XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say doesn't matter what u get, it's for next few months and after that get win7 if it releases on time.

Ya win7 looks really cool! So if I get vista 64, when win7 does come out is it going to be easy to upgrade? Or what am I going to have to do to go from vista to 7?

Ok cool, so the upgrade disk will work the same way from vista to 7 I'm assuming then?

And what about older games; can I play Half Life 2 and stuff on a vista/7 machine?

I've always been a big fan of windows operating systems... i don't like vista, but that is just me and my tastes. One thing that I would never do, no matter the os... is upgrade it on a personal box. Seriously... just dump the files you need somewhere else and then INSTALL FRESH. If it's a cost concern, go ahead... pay the cheaper price to upgrade... then... when you actually need the full install disk it's going to be found in the same pair of pants you put that time after the party with all of the alcohol and the whores.... never to be found again...

seriously, please dont consider upgrading. no point... doesn't even save time in the long run.

So mikesgroovin, what you're saying is that I should move my files to en external hdd of some sort, then install 7 right over vista and erase it? Then all I have to do is connect the external hdd and put my files back on windows 7 now? Sorry I'm new at this and I really appreciate the help!

Thanks for being able to digest my sarcasm, some can't :)

Yea, I'm sure that there will be many people here willing to help... but basically.. coming from a high level operational perspective... yes. The operational theory is to move information you want from one OS to another. Whether your information is on the OS drive itself, on a different drive, on a different computer, et cetera. the logic will be whatever it will be, the major point will be to never upgrade a Microsoft os unless you are left with no choice

Yea, once you have your situation all laid out... give it to us in detail... please provide as much detail as possible :)

IF you can hold out... Windows 7 should be available in a few months, or if you managed to get your beta copy, you can use it til Aug 1 without issues.

Sadly there is no word for an "upgrade" from any previous OS to 7, as windows 7 is a complete rebuild of the OS "Windows" entirely, and the way it SHOULD have been from day 1. They rewrote the Kernal files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom