XFX 9800 GT Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
I purchased this video card about a month ago and just recently the fan is making a high pitched whining noise. I tried to push/pull on the fan which helps for about 45 seconds. What can I do?

make sure it's pushed in all the way on the back of the card like the fan is correctly installed. If it is installed fine, RMA it.

make sure it's pushed in all the way on the back of the card like the fan is correctly installed. If it is installed fine, RMA it.

Like the quote says... that pretty much just sounds like the fan is a bit loose. No biggie... but be careful not over work the card if you can't fix it meanwhile. You don't want to burn out the card. 9800's are know to heat up like a mother.

Like the quote says... that pretty much just sounds like the fan is a bit loose. No biggie... but be careful not over work the card if you can't fix it meanwhile. You don't want to burn out the card. 9800's are know to heat up like a mother.

Opened up a ticket with XFX but still no response...

Ditch it for a better cooling setup.....

Like what?

Pretty much anything. 8/9800 aftermarket cooler will be better.

My 8800gt now has a Thermalright T-rad and 2 92mm fans. Dropped it 30degrees on full load with little noise.

8/9800 series cards are terriblely cooled ... 9800 is better tho.

Find out first what xfx will do

Still haven't heard anything from XFX so I bought a Zalman VF1000.
Last time I will buy anything that has their name on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom