New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, wow thanks a lot! This computer's way better than the one I built and it's even cheaper lol, you guys are awesome!

the antec 900 case is pure crap i had it u cant fit anything in there,
there is no room to work on! i would recommend getting something diffrent!

Alright, my next question is, I'm going to have 2 computers running to one monitor, so I need a KVM switch right? How do these work exactly?

EDIT: Really, the 900s are bad cases? I've heard really good things about them before. Is it a space issue or something? Would the GTX 285 fit in there?

Alright, my next question is, I'm going to have 2 computers running to one monitor, so I need a KVM switch right? How do these work exactly?

EDIT: Really, the 900s are bad cases? I've heard really good things about them before. Is it a space issue or something? Would the GTX 285 fit in there?

yeah the 285 will fit but if u would wanna add or take out a hard drive u will need to unplug EVERYTHING and take out all the cards out in order to do a simple thing like that!
i orderd a cooler master haf 932 case it got awesome air flow roomy and lots of fans :)
look into it. it might not look as good but u will love it in a long run!

Alright, thanks, I'm gonna check that one out. It looks like it definitely has more space lol.

I'm wondering now what kind of monitor I should use with this build. I want to be able to play games in 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 atleast, and I'll watch DVDs every once in a while so I also want it to display those well. I'm hoping to spend less than $250 too, hopefully that works. Any suggestions?

Those monitors look like what I'm looking for! Would this build (the i7 one a few posts back), be able to run games on a 52" 1080P VIZIO in 1080P HD? Or is that idea even realistic?

Those monitors look like what I'm looking for! Would this build (the i7 one a few posts back), be able to run games on a 52" 1080P VIZIO in 1080P HD? Or is that idea even realistic?

2x260s will do that easily, depending on the game. Might struggle on GTAIV at that res, tho. Also depends on what settings you're playing at.

Cool! So would 2 285s work even better? Or is there not much performance increase after that? And would I be able to max some games out, or play them on high detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom