Operating System for new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the version of Vista you should get - Ultimate didn't add much, and the stuff it did add, there are free third-party versions of. You can install that on one computer at a time. If you ever need to reformat, you will need to phone up Microsoft and such (personally I've never needed to do so).

You might want to read this thread on the subject.

Not at the same time. Since it is oem it is supposed to be for one computer only. M$ considers a new mb to be a different computer and technically not allowed but a call in will get it working.

Yamikotai, why would he need to call Microsoft if he has to reformat? I have never had to call Microsoft when I reformatted.

Ah, I was wrong then - I thought you could only use the key once, but in reality it's what's hef said:
M$ considers a new mb to be a different computer and technically not allowed but a call in will get it working.

Awesome sig btw :D

Edit: Wait so according to Vernong I was right? I'm confused :freak:

Yamikotai, why would he need to call Microsoft if he has to reformat? I have never had to call Microsoft when I reformatted.

On an OEM version you would, because its supposed to work for one install only, then it'll nag you when you activate Windows that its already been activated

One last question! Am looking at harddrives. The more cache the better correct? And also, on a western digital sata HDD what is the difference between SE and RE? which is better? okay I guess that's 3 questions... haha

The REs are the high reliability versions, and typically have longer warranties. They tend to be used more for servers etc., and are usually more expensive (no idea how much more expensive though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom