I have been getting high temperatures and lock ups during games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all the latest drivers. There was no option for changing the CPU voltage, so I temporarily turned off cool+quiet, which automatically changed the voltage. It was 1.45.

I am havign some trouble with heat as well... I idle at 48-49C and at full load usually climb up to 66-69C. I have a few parts on the way to see if I can get my temps down a bit. I have a ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu coming in on friday as well as an Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer... If this doesnt lower my temps I dont know what the hell is going on..lol.

it could be that the PSU is not giving enough power on the +12V rail, because you are running too many pieces of hardware in your computer like harddrives or Optical drives. Which is causing your hardrives to shutdown.

yes i was thinking along the same lines as well.. it is most likely your psu if nothing else the others have said before are working.. perhaps you should look for a new psu.. if that still doesnt solve the problem.. well then u can always return it! :) lol

Sorry, I don't really know how to replace things. I'll find out if it's the last possible thing to try. I have an Enermax 460 Watt PSU. How do I fix that +12 rail thing?

I may put the heatsink back in wrong if I use arctic cooler or something.

You can't fix the "+12 rail thing" you look on your power supplies and you gotta make sure your +12v rail has enough power on it. Chances are if you look on your powersupply and it says +12v - 15a then your PSU is your problem. My +12v rail has a max of 22a which is enough for my needs. I already calculated I could have 15 fans running, my two hard drives, cd- burner, dvd-rom running and any graphics card and still be able have enough power. The Ultra 500w Modular connection PSU has a 34a +12v line so that would be damn near impossible to use up all that.

well it could be a faulty unit too.. dont just go by names.. nething could go wrong when ur dealing with computers

Well I install the HSF as mentioned in my post and it really didnt make a difference..POOP!Its now idle at 45C and reaches a max of about 64-66C so its basically the same... I also installed a Artic VGA cooler rev.3 on my Radeon 9800 PRO...

Now I wanted to test a theory so I brought it to work with me where it is really cool in the building and it the was idle at 35C!!!! and a max when doing video decoding etc etc of 50C!!! pooop! Which tells me its just plain to hot in my room :(

What was strange that I was able to overclock and still recieve the same temps..soo I have it clocked to 3.34GHZ from 3.0GHZ and it is running the same temps as OEM (at my house)...and the VGA cooler allowed me to clock my Radeon pretty good... Now the question? If I have a high temp in my room would Liquid Cooling even make a difference? Or would I still see the same results since it is the ambient temp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom