Looking for video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

npp

Baseband Member
I'm currently looking for an ASUS GeForce 6800 Ultra Deluxe on the web.

I have placed orders with several internet companies but they all respond with an "out of stock, try again later" reply. Does anybody know a good place to purchase this card? I'm looking for a fairly good deal but I'm willing to pay a little more than usual to get it ASAP.

Thanks!

From what I understand, its very hard to find that card. It would actually be more cost effective to order a 6800GT and overclock it to the speeds of the 6800 Ultra. This can be done very easily since all the GT is is an underclocked version of the ultra. If you go that route, get your GT from eVGA. I've heard good reviews about them.

yup, i agreed with beebudaya, just get a GF6800Gt and modify the card to ultra. U will save a lot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yup, you have to go with eVGA, because they put on the same heavy duty heatsinks across all the cards whereas some companies will put on a lesser heatsink on the lower model cards cause they figure they won't need it. Not only that but you won't suck up as much power as that ultra

agreed :)... the heatsink is the same on the evga 6800GT n ultra models and with the ultra u take up the next pci slot beside ur agp slot AND you need 2 4 pin connectors n like nubius said.. sux up a lotta power

you don't access your video BIOS....you don't overclock it like a computer. In the case of nvidia you download the coolbits registry file which will then unlock an OC option under the normal card properties place. Ya know when you right click your desktop>properties>settings>advanced and then you see your card name tab.....yeah it adds an option there....you can raise the core and memory frequencies there...just do a google search on 'Coolbits' and you'll find it. I even OCd my geforce2 MX 32mb from its 175MHz core and 166MHz memory to 220core and 210memory....lol but this card sucks so it gains maybe 1 fps....so I just clocked it back..doesnt even have a heatsink.

Ok, thanks for the quick and informative replies.

To be serious, money isn't the issue here, so couldn't I buy the Ultra and still overclock it for even better performance?

But your suggestion sounds very appealing...I'll think about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom