Family: 6
Model: A
Stepping: 0
EXT Family: 7
EXT Model: A

Core Speed: 2.2 Mhz
Bus speed: 200.0 Mhz
Rated FSB: 400.0 Mhz

Basically what I am trying to figure out is. Could I upgrade this processor to something like a 2.5 or even a Duo Core. And if not is it possible to change the MOBO to support a higher grade processor without replacing everything in the case.

This is a HP Pavilion 061 that I have done Memory, hard drive and Video Card upgrades to keep up with <try to at least> the gaming software vs my outdated hardware battle. But just about every game I am interested in now I am disappointed after I read the req specs.

Any other information you need just let me know. I have CPU Z and Test My Hardware.
Thank you beforehand.

Groundit

I think any comp that still has an AGP 4x slot is far beyond upgrading any decent amount - anything you upgrade would be bottlenecked by everything else. You'd really need to buy a new comp.

Save your money for a new build. You could reuse hard drives, cd drives and case if it is not a dell or hp or other type of prebuilt proprietary case. You would want new cpu, ram, mb, psu and gpu. $500 would get you a nice system. any money spent on upgrading would be wasted if it could not be used later and at this point psu is all you could upgrade and use later and that would not give you any performance increase.

I second hefe's advice. Socket A was phased out several years ago, well before dual cores ever came out. Since you are not using a graphics card i gather, you could use a mobo with onboard graphics, such as ATI 3200, Nvidia 7050, or so. Or you could opt for a graphics card and be in even better shape.

The main thing we need is your budget. Do you have a certain amount in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom