AS5 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShizNit609

In Runtime
if i use AS5 when i replace my heatsink/fan do you have to actually wait 200 hours before even turning on your pc? or can you turn it on a few hours after applying it?

were did u here that? i thought i read all the AS5 instructions on there website, i dont recall reading that... is it on there? or do u have a link for it somewere else?

200hrs is only a bout a week, if thats true, at least its not that long.

EDIT: ok i just went back and i c what u mean... quote " it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity."

that doesnt mean u have to wait, it just means AS5 will not perform to its full potention untill 200hrs of running the comp along with a few shutdowns and restarts... to allow the cpu to cool and heat up again.(break in period)

lol yeah what jolancer said..it needs 200 hours of your computer to be ON so that it can expand and shrink and the synthetic oils inside can stabilize to their final 'phase change' I guess you could say...I can't find the word I'm lookin for..it doesn't actually 'phase change' it just takes a while before it becomes its most stable and conducts the heat most efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom