OCZ 6GB 1600 DDR3 Triple Channel RAM
Generic Case
Generic Keyboard/mouse/speakers
Asus 22in 1080P LCD
Radeon x700 GPU
1TB Seagate Barricuda Harddrive
Corsair TX750W Power Suppy
DVD burner, Samsung something or other.. SATA
ISP: SBCGlobal DSL, dedicated, (I download around 320 KB/sec, unknown Upload)

Everything runs, a little warm, but I keep Real Temp 3.0 on to monitor the temps manually to make sure nothing melts on me. (If it hits 60+ I turn it off.) Game performance really has improved... a online FPS/leveling game (Cross Fire) I used to get about 44 FPS. now I get 152 easy.

Fallout 3 runs about the same, but some more details are added I didn't have before, like thicker mist and better detail.

The problem is, Daily life.

When I boot up, after it's booted I try to go to the net, and typically it errors and I have to close the window and start again and it loads fine.. on the net.. load time seem drastically higher.. taking longer to do simple tasks.. like Go back a page.

Sending data takes longer too.. like when Submitting threads/posts.

I haven't messed with the settings for RAM or anything, I was afraid if I changed them to 1600 like they are, instead of what I think they are defaulting at, that temps would go up in my generic case (case issue to be resolved soon)

Can anyone tell me what it Might be?

things that changed were pretty drastic, but the only 'non improvement' was graphics card, I went from a Nvidea 7600 Gt (T I believe.. maybe S) to the Radeon x700.. which for the life of me I can't determine which actually is better. (but the x700 is PCI, and the 7600 was AGP- and I needed PCI for this new motherboard.)

Otherwise I came from a P3 with about 1GB Ram

That should have absolutely nothing to do with your new pc. That is an internet issue, if you're on wireless make sure you are receiving a strong signal. And those temps when gaming really aren't that bad at all.

Okay, first of all; did you format your HDD and reinstall windows and all drivers etc? Or did you just switch over the mobo/cpu/ram and use the same HDD with the windows partition?

Now if you did do a format and reinstall, download the latest drivers from Asus for your mobo and reinstall them (especially the LAN drivers).

Then download the latest version of your web browser. If your still having problems try a different browser and see if it helps.

sorry for delay, got caught up in others.

the harddrive was one of my new purchases, got it, partitioned it, and installed XP pro and Updated to SP3 immediately.

My net is not done wireless, I have both Ethernet ports plugged in (even though I know this does not improve my internet connection, if for some reason this is bad - I can unplug one easy.)

I've been to the drivers section and they are up to date....

Firefox is up to date as well...

IE and Opera seem to have similar slag points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom