Maxtor HD question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are your opinions of this type of HD?

thoughts

thanks

I would not give a Maxtor hard drive to my worst enemy. Main reason, as some of the old TF members all ready know, is that my worst enemy will waste no time in wasting the next 12 months in dragging me to court just to he can sue me personally if the drive would happen to fail.

Seriously, I don't care what other people say about the Maxtor ready write rates, I would stay clear of them. The old maxtor factories are most like the reason why Seagate is currently having issues with their drives.
Is funny. Who here remembers the quantium fireball drives. They were great. Then they got brought out by maxtor. Quantium turn to $#!+.
Few years back, Seagate buys out Maxtor. Now Seagate drives are turning to $#!+.
It's so funny how history repeats itself.

Used to be a big seagate fan. However right now, the only drive brand that I am trusting with my life and data is Western Digital.

KC i am one of the few that remember that far back to what you are mentioning in your post. Yes i do remember the Quantum. Yes i do remember the buyout. Yes i do see the resembelance of history repeating itself.

I will trust WD for my personal data. But since i was given a Maxtor for free to replace a dead drive i wont argue. Since it is only OS data that i always seem to format every few weeks anyway.

Funny thing is the drive that died, was a Seagate....

ive got five different maxtor drives ranging from 5 years old to 6 months old, and none of them have ever given me even a slight issue. i'd trust them wholeheartedly (or ive just been very lucky...).

even my 5 year old one still works like a charm...

I'm kinda glad I went for Hitachi instead of Maxtor now *winces for coming onslaught*

I'm kinda glad I went for Hitachi instead of Maxtor now *winces for coming onslaught*

Don't have a problem with Hitachi drives. Then again, about the only time i have seen them has been with 2.5 inch and 1.5 inch drives.

Got respect for Hitachi as they are the guys that developped Perpendiculare technology.
YouTube - get perpendicular!
It was not for Hitachi doing that, we would not of have the break through in hard drive sizes as we did in about 2004 - 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom