1st Game PC Build-- Budget System = Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could get a 4850x2 it's a good card. But if you want more power later on, ATI's dual gpu cards don't scale for crap in Crossfire. If you do plan on adding a second card, then go for either the 4870 1Gb or 260 core216.

The HD 4870 1gb and GTX 260 c216 aren't tied anymore. More recent benchmarks have shown that the HD 4870 1gb is faster and the list was just updated to reflect it.

The HD 4870 1gb and GTX 260 c216 aren't tied anymore. More recent benchmarks have shown that the HD 4870 1gb is faster and the list was just updated to reflect it.

yeah i just saw that... so i think ill be looking for an HD 4870...

Which card do youguys think is better? I know one is OCed but they have a 40 dollar price difference after MIR... is it work the little extra cash?

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZDDC Radeon HD 4870 XXX 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

*thinking out loud* "Started off looking to buy a dual core, gtx260, 4g RAM... Now looking at i7, HD4870, 6gb RAM... totally different ...haha"

I think the XFX would be worth it. Sapphire's customer service is awful, for if you have a problem with it. Now the XFX has a lifetime warranty and they'll replace it if it ever fails for whatever reason, and that makes it worth the extra bucks.

Which card do youguys think is better? I know one is OCed but they have a 40 dollar price difference after MIR... is it work the little extra cash?

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZDDC Radeon HD 4870 XXX 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

*thinking out loud* "Started off looking to buy a dual core, gtx260, 4g RAM... Now looking at i7, HD4870, 6gb RAM... totally different ...haha"

It depends how much the warranty matters to you and how long you plan on keeping the card.

There is actually a cheaper XFX HD 4870 1gb but it is currently out of stock.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

It depends how much the warranty matters to you and how long you plan on keeping the card.

There is actually a cheaper XFX HD 4870 1gb but it is currently out of stock.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

warrenty would be somewhat of a concern to me, cuz i plan on keeping this build for awhile... ill prolly add another hd4870 in the future when i need more gpu juice... not much more to upgrade for awhile... im thinking of going with this build, cuz im sure i could game with it for a few years to come w/out upgrading(as far as cpu and such) maybe the 2nd gpu and more ram or something down the line...

cool... i think imma go with the XFX... thanx for the input guys!

All XFX video cards have a double lifetime warranty, as long as you register the card.....then, if you sell your card, the person who buys it has a lifetime warranty....that is pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom