I don't overclock
thinking of ditching the HD 4850 and grabbing the 9800gtx+

but the gts 250 is coming out on 19th

shorter card, consumes less power

could care less about in game performance, since they are very close

main thing I want is more PPD!

thoughts?

or hop to GTX 260...... but I have no need for it at my resolution

Hey now....some of us are really into our folding! 295 dude! we need the points :p I'm having issues with my 260 but when it was running fine it was doing significantly more ppd than my gtx+ (7k vs just over 5k)from what i've read the new wu's have significantly dumped the ppds on the "older" cards from what was being seen just a few months ago.

There is never really a bad time to buy. New stuff is constantly coming out and if you keep waiting for the next best thing you will be waiting forever.

There is never really a bad time to buy. New stuff is constantly coming out and if you keep waiting for the next best thing you will be waiting forever.

Not so true...with the candian dollar in the dumps now is a bad time to buy....6 months ago was an awesome time to buy. the 9800gtx still sells for more than i bought mine for, same with my p5q pro.

Lol, but other than currencies you're correct, there is always a newer and greater just over the horizon.

yes, but I am not waiting for new releases that doesn't have a release date yet, (Evga has their GTS 250 on their store already) but something that's going to be released within a week or 2.

however seeing as ALL of Evga's GTS 250 cards model name ends in -TR (only 2 year warranty)

I am going to wait to see what XFX has to offer first (pricing)

but opinions would still be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom