AMD phenom II temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS5 is one of the best TM's yet, using too much can cause an issue.

You only need the slightest thinnest layer. All the TM does is fill the micro pockets of air in the HS & CPU die to make a more conductive transfer of heat. TOO much TM and your going to have the opposite effect.

I'm running liquid too.. FWIW... Separate RAD's for the CPU and GPU.. NOT OC'd.... Yet.......

41745538.bmp

cpuz.bmp

AS5 is one of the best TM's yet, using too much can cause an issue.

You only need the slightest thinnest layer. All the TM does is fill the micro pockets of air in the HS & CPU die to make a more conductive transfer of heat. TOO much TM and your going to have the opposite effect.

Trust me... i did give it a good layer but only put a tiny drop of it... its was the right amount... ive built other builds.. and they have cooled at 19C but they were 65w and not 125w... i mean the CPU temp is fine.. but im wondering if the cores temp really matters over the actual CPU temp..

odd.. My PI 9950 runs hotter than my PII.. It's been @ 26* even before I OC'd it.. My PII 940 was @ 21* stock, and I didn't juice it up yet.

Found out that my brand new PII940 was bad.. I built a back up rig (Long story.. usb controller issues w the Gigabyte board) and it didn't even want to post, so I threw in my old PI 9950BE and it loaded right up.. I juiced it back up to 3.0g for now.. it's @ 26* now.. Haven't played a game on it yet.. No audio for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom